Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mmmmm Java Chip!

So right now I amd drinking a Java Chip frap from Starbucks and eating a turkey sandwich lol an interesting combo. Anyway, I talked to my manager yesterday and we decided that I will go in for training on Tuesday from 10-4 and then on Wednesday from 10-4 and then I will work on Thursday (a buddy day) from 9:45-5:45! I am very excited! Mrs. Potts is hemming my pants for me because they were about 4 inches too long haha!

The picnic today is gonna be sooo much fun! It is soooooo nice out today, perfect for a volleyball picnic!

I was thinking the other week when Steph and JulieAnne sang, "What a Friend we have in Jesus" and when they sang the line "Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear. All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer", I never really paid much attention to the words in that song, maybe because we dont' really sing it that much. Anyway, it really made me think about all the things that I have worried myself sick over, when I should have just laid it before God and left it all in His care. I would have had so much more joy in those times and the pain that I was feeling would have never been there either. Well, all that to say, I think that it was a good reminder to us that we should never stop praying even when we are in very difficult times. It is a great comfort to know that God is so infinitely greater than us that He can take care of our every need and plan our steps so perfectly.

No comments: